1. VISIT TEXAS’ GLASS RESTROOM: Imagine going to the bathroom while watching people walk in front of you and cabs whiz by. Terrified yet? The first all-glass bathroom, which is open in Sulphur Springs, Texas, provides just that experience. The good news: People on the outside can’t actually look in. They only see a mirrored reflection of themselves. But those inside the bathroom can see everything—especially the curiosity seekers gazing directly at them while trying to see through the one-way glass. If you’ve been wondering how to use up those last vacation days before the end of the year, well…you’re welcome.
2. MEET CHER LLOYD IN MASSAPEQUA: Following in the footsteps of ’80s pop icons Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, British pop sensation Cher Lloyd (“Want U Back”) will perform an exclusive concert for her loyal “brats” at the mall. The show begins at 6 p.m. in the food court at the Westfield Sunrise Mall on Nov. 29, followed by a CD signing immediately after at rue21. Fans need a wristband (while they last) from rue21 with the purchase of Lloyd’s newest CD. For everyone else, you may want to steer clear of the mall that day.
3. YOUTUBE “DOG FETCHING CAT”: What happens when you can’t find the cat? Just send the dog out to get her. For your adorable fix of the day, check out this viral video of a little dog going out to bring the cat home—on his back. It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it.
4. ADOPT A MILITARY FAMILY: Operation Homefront is looking for 75 to 100 sponsors to lend some holiday assistance to registered military families in our area. Sponsors provide $75 for a holiday meal for the family, as well as $50 per child for holiday gifts. The deadline for sponsor participation in the Adopt-a-Family Program is December 3. Visit OperationHomefront.net/TriState for details.
5. BUY ANDY WARHOL SOUP CANS: To commemorate the 50th anniversary of Warhol’s famed “32 Campbell’s Soup Cans,” Campbell’s released a limited-edition batch of 1.2 million cans of soup with labels inspired by Warhol’s art in September and now supplies are running low. The classic cans are already popping up on eBay. But you can probably find them on sale for 69 cents in the sale aisle at your local Target. So pick a few up while you can. They may be worth something someday, maybe even next week.
6. AUDITION FOR BAKING SHOW: CBS is holding open casting calls for its new competition baking reality series based on the UK’s The Great British Bake Off. Amateur bakers who think they have what it takes can audition in Manhattan on December 15. Sign up by visiting CBS.com/BakingShow.
7. HAVE A (LOCAL) HOLIDAY LATTE: For those of you who find yourselves in the Hamptons this time of year, take a break from Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks and stop by the Hampton Coffee Company (Water Mill and Westhampton Beach) for a Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint Hot Chocolate—both topped with candy cane pieces—or an Eggnog Latte, made from real eggnog combined with espresso. Oh yeah.
8. PUT GIRL MEETS WORLD IN THE TIVO: It’s official, children of the ’90s: Corey and Topanga are back! Danielle Fishel and Ben Savage have signed on for Disney’s latest creation, Girl Meets World, an updated version of the long-lived sitcom, “Boy Meets World,” which will focus on Corey and Topanga’s teen daughter, Riley. Mr. Feeny, look out.
9. GOOGLE “COST OF 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS ITEMS”: If you’re in the market for a partridge in a pear tree, five golden rings, seven swans a-swimming or even 12 drummers drumming, PNC Wealth Management has all the math done for you. In 2012, 11 pipers piping will cost you roughly $2,562 per performance—which definitely has us considering our career options right now. A partridge will only cost you about $15, but don’t be fooled. That’s without the pear tree, and, at $189.99 each, those aren’t cheap. Check out the numbers for yourself.
10. DON’T REPOST FB NOTICE: A “privacy notice” that’s gone viral on Facebook and claims to protect personal information is a fake. The notice claims that when you repost it on your wall, you’ll be excluded from FB’s new privacy regulations. You won’t be. It’s just another scam. You can go back to posting pictures of what you had for breakfast now.