3 Men Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Three men suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning were saved early Saturday morning and taken to a local hospital for treatment, Nassau County police said.

Detectives said the three men—ages 20, 21, and 22—were asleep in their recreational vehicle, parked in the Sunrise Mall parking lot in Massapequa, when they began to feel ill.

The source of the carbon monoxide appears to be from a generator that was apparently not ventilated properly, police said, causing fumes to enter the sleeping area.


advertisement

Nassau County police ambulance and the Massapequa Fire Department transported the three men to the hospital for evaluation and treatment, police said. Their injuries are not life threatening.

The men work for Syracuse-based company CNY Restoration and Development.

More articles filed under Long Island News,News

Leave a Comment

Please use the comment box below for general comments, but if you feel we have made a mistake, typo, or egregious error, let us know about it. Click here to "call us out." We're happy to listen to your concerns.