6 Rescued From Carbon Monoxide in Central Islip Home


Suffolk County police officers evacuated six people overcome by carbon monoxide fumes believed to have come from a generator in the basement of a Central Islip home Thursday morning.

Officers Timothy Drake and Michael Cammarata responded to 460 St. John St. at 8:48 a.m. after someone inside the home called 911 to report feeling dizzy.

When police arrived, they discovered an unconscious female teenager and one adult female, two adult males and a set of 5-year-old twin boys experiencing symptoms related to carbon monoxide poisoning.


advertisement

The victims were taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore for treatment. Officers Drake and Cammarata were treated and released from Southside Hospital. Central Islip Fire Department and the Central Islip Hauppauge Ambulance Corp assisted Suffolk Police.

Local officials are warning residents across Long Island, left without power in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, to keep generators outside of the home due to the carbon monoxide fumes.

 

 

More articles filed under Long Island News,News

Leave a Comment

Please use the comment box below for general comments, but if you feel we have made a mistake, typo, or egregious error, let us know about it. Click here to "call us out." We're happy to listen to your concerns.