Extra Long Island Rail Road trains will be running Friday for commuters looking to get a jump-start on Labor Day weekend, the railroad announced this week.
The LIRR will provide additional early afternoon trains from Penn Station on several branches, including Jamaica, where riders will be able to jump on trains destined for Montauk.
The early afternoon trains will depart Penn Station at 2:08 p.m. Friday, the LIRR said. Extra service will be added to the Port Jefferson branch, the Babylon branch, Far Rockaway branch, and Jamaica.
The railroad also noted that Monday Sept. 3 will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule. Additional Sunday afternoon Montauk branch westbound trains from Montauk and the Hamptons will not operate on Sunday, but instead on Monday, the LIRR said. Also, the regular Monday-only return train departing from Montauk at 7:01 a.m., stopping at the Hamptons, and arriving at Hunterspoint Avenue at 9:57 a.m. will run on Tuesday, not Monday.
Schedules for additional train service is listed below:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington
- 2:08 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
- 2:32 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck
- 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor then all stops to Far Rockaway.
- 1:43 PM to Jamaica, with a Montauk train connection.
- 3:58 PM to Jamaica, with a Montauk train connection.