LONDON (AP) — Here are the highlights of the London Olympics on Thursday:
1. US GOLD: Gabby Douglas won gymnastics gold in the women’s individual all-around.
2. PHELPS AGAIN: Michael Phelps won the 200-meter individual medley, his 20th career Olympic medal.
3. PAINTING THE TOWN GOLD: British cyclist Bradley Wiggins had a major night-out after winning gold – and tweeted every detail.
4. RECORDS SMASHED: A string of cycling world records fell on the first day at a steamy velodrome.
5. PUTIN AT THE JUDO: Russian President Vladimir Putin showed up to watch judo – and saw his country collect gold.