- Long Island Fest @ Ethical Humanist Society of LI, Featuring Madball, Indecision, Tripface and more.
- LI Bluegrass Festival @ Tanner Park, Copiague.
- Deborah Voigt @ Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
- Chicago/The Doobie Brothers @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh.
- Rich Vos @ McGuire’s, Bohemia.
- Big Time Rush @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh.
- Jamey Johnson @ The Paramount, Huntington.
- Artists & Writers Celebrity Softball Game @ Herrick Park, East Hampton
- Amateur Radio Lighthouse Weekend @ Fire Island Lighthouse, Also 8.19.
- The Hilarious Comedy of Uncle Floyd @ Dix Hills Performing Arts Center
- The Wiggles @ NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- The Village People @ Eisenhower Park, East Meadow.
- Wynton Marsalis @ Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
Duck Race @ Chase Creek, Shelter Island
- Rocket Rally Classic Car Show @ Brookhaven Volunteer Firefighters Museum, Middle Country Road, Ridge.
- Ellen’s Run/Walk @ Southampton Hospital
- Art Show @ Sagtikos Manor, Bay Shore.
- Wynton Marsalis Quintet @ Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
- Rock N Blues Fest @ NYCB Theatre @ Westbury
- Kelly Clarkson & The Fray @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theater, Fading into obscurity is a real threat that looms large for former American Idol contestants. Clarkson has managed to buck that trend, becoming the most successful ex-Idol around the world with five albums under her belt and high-profile mentoring gigs on the Voice and ABC’s upcoming Duets.
- Al Green @ Beacon Theater, Manhattan.
- Psychic Robert Hansen @ McGuire’s, Bohemia.
- Bobby Keys & the Suffering Bastards @ Highline Ballroom, Manhattan.
- Joan Osborne @ Stephen Talkhouse, Amagansett.
- The Music of Foreigner @ Theatre Three, Port Jefferson.
- The Barclays PGA Playoff @ Bethpage State Park, Through 8.26.
You might also dig
FacebookTwitterE-mail For the past decade we have strived to keep you informed about the most important issues and happenings affecting the nearly 3 million of us who call this Island home. For the past decade we’ve kept you entertained, with [...]
Because 2013 is just around the corner...
FacebookTwitterE-mail By Timothy Bolger and Jaclyn Gallucci When Superstorm Sandy washed out a five-mile stretch of Ocean Parkway in October, questions arose whether more human remains were unearthed to add to the 11 found in the brush near the Long [...]