- Psychic Medium Sylvia Browne @ NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- Johnny Clegg @ City Winery, Manhattan. Also 7.2.
- Aerosmith/Cheap Trick @ Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale. For its first tour since 2009’s Cocked, Locked & Ready To Rock string of dates, the Bad Boys from Boston are out on the road with long-time buds Cheap Trick on the Global Warming Tour. Apparently Steven Tyler and Joe Perry have mended fences, with Perry going so far as to serenade his fellow Toxic Twin with an instrumental version of “Happy Birthday” on American Idol. Aerosmith not only has a yet-untitled album set to drop in September, but debuted the first single, “Legendary Child,” at the site of Tyler’s “other” job.
- Turkish-American Night @ Eisenhower Park, East Meadow.
- LI Wine Country’s Taste of Summer @ Old Bethpage Village
- Swingtime Big Band & Fireworks @ Eisenhower Park
- Stevie Nicks @ Beacon Theatre, Manhattan.
Norah Jones @ Central Park SummerStage, Manhattan.
- Howie Day @ City Winery, Manhattan.
- Lamb Roast @ Paumanok Vineyards, 1074 Route 25, Aquebogue.
- Phish @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theater, Also 7.4.
- Independence Day @ Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay
- Fireworks Spectacular @ Jones Beach State Park, Wantagh.
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest @ Coney Island
- Independence Day @ Peconic Waterfront, Riverhead.
- 4th on the Bay @ Great South Bay
- Stars Over Montauk @ Montauk Harbor
Old-Fashioned Independence Day @ Old Bethpage Village Restoration
- L.A. Guns & The Dirty Pearls @ Highline Ballroom, Manhattan.
- Craig Finn & The Baseball Project @ City Winery, Manhattan.
- LI Shakespeare Festival @ Suffolk Community College, Ammerman Campus, 533 College Rd., Selden. Through 7.16.
- Flo Rida @ Rockefeller Plaza, Manhattan.
- African-American Night @ Eisenhower Park
- Ronnie Spector @ City Winery, Manhattan. Through 7.27.
- Roger Waters @ Yankee Stadium, Bronx. Also 7.7.
- LI Comedy Fest @ Theatre Three, 412 Main St., Port Jefferson. Also 7.7.
- Kids Daytime Comedy Show @ Governor’s, Levittown. Also 7.10, 7.17, 7.19, 7.20, 8.14 & 8.16.
- The Death Penalty & the Constitution @ LIU Hutton House, Greenvale.
- Fine Arts Festival @ American Legion Amagansett, Montauk Highway & Abraham’s Path, Amagansett. Through 7.8.
- Sherri Shepherd @ Governor’s, Levittown. Also 7.7.
- Joe Devito @ Brokerage, Bellmore. Also 7.7.
- MXPX @ Best Buy Theater, Manhattan. Pop punk legends MXPX are touring in support of Plans Within Plans, and the Washington trio is looking to reaffirm their place in the genre. The record has a sound that is both foreign and familiar. Maintaining their trademark punk simplicity and fusing it with haunting melody, MXPX offer their fans something new instead of treading old paths. Masters of the live show, MXPX will definitely break in a number of new songs while playing crowd favorites.
Tangerine Dream @ Best Buy Theater, Manhattan.
- Howard Jones @ The Paramount, Huntington.
- The Duprees’ 50th Anniversary @ Eisenhower Park, East Meadow.
- Chip Bryant (Silent Vaudevillian Clown) @ Heckscher Park, Huntington.
- CBGB Festival @ Central Park SummerStage, Manhattan.
- Booga Sugar @ Stephen Talkhouse, Amagansett.
- Funny Man Show @ Caumsett State Park, Lloyd Harbor.
- Scorpions/Queensryche @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theater
- This Is All Now EP Release @ Revolution, Amityville.
- Steve Tyrell @ Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
- Glassjaw @ Irving Plaza, Manhattan. Highly regarded pioneers in their respective genre, Glassjaw came out of a hiatus in 2008, and have since played strings of shows and released two eps. The band is infamous for being cryptic in releasing any type of information regarding updates or releases. Critics and fans can agree that Glassjaw is compelling both live and on their recordings.
- Miller Lite Night/Fireworks/4-Cylinder Demolition Derby @ Riverhead Raceway
- A Musical Celebration of Frankie Vallie & the Four Seasons @ Dix Hills Performing Arts Center
- Donavan Frankenreiter @ Mulcahy’s, Wantagh.
- LI Punk Rock BBQ @ Sinclair’s Pub, 419 Great East Neck Rd., West Babylon. Punk music has been alive since the seventies. A recent resurgence of its “do-it-yourself” or DIY mentality can be found all over Long Island. The LI Punk Rock BBQ is exactly what the name implies – a punk rock show with food and alcohol. NYC’s own Murphy’s Law will headline the show alongside some of LI’s own: Last Call Brawl, Boogie Brains, Live Fast Die Fast as well as many others.—Anthony Dobrini
- Sandcastle Contest @ Hither Hills State Park, Old Montauk Hwy., Montauk. Every Thursday.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd @ NYCB Theatre @ Westbury
- Robert Austin Magic Show @ Sunken Meadow State Park, North end of Sunken Meadow Parkway, Kings Park
- 10,000 Maniacs @ City Winery, Manhattan. Also 7.9.
- Tour @ Huntington Lighthouse, Huntington. Also 7.22.
- Asian-American Night @ Eisenhower Park, East Meadow
- Cross Island Trio @ Old Westbury Gardens
- A Brief History of Chinese Medicine @ LIU Hutton House, Greenvale.
- German-American Night @ Eisenhower Park, East Meadow.
- Dirty Projectors @ Prospect Park, Brooklyn.
- Owl City @ Bowery Ballroom, Manhattan. Yet another artist whose career got a major boost from YouTube postings, Owl City is essentially multi-instrumentalist/composer Adam Young. A bout with insomnia led to Young dabbling with computers and keyboards in his parents’ basement. The Minnesota native quickly saw this initial experimentation blossom into a full-blown pop career that has led to this current tour in support of his new EP, Shooting Star.
- Movies on the Harbor: Hugo @ Harborfront Park, Port Jefferson
- Harlem Renaissance Orchestra @ Old Westbury Gardens
Woodyfest @ City Winery, Manhattan. Through 7.13.
- Afternoon on the Trading Floor @ LIU Hutton House, Greenvale.
- ArtHamptons w/Cheech Marin @ Nova’s Ark, 30 Millstone Rd., Water Mill. Through 7.15.
- Josh Turner @ Best Buy Theater, Manhattan.
- Robert Austin Magic Show @ Hither Hills State Park, Montauk.
- Great South Bay Music Festival @ Shorefront Park, Patchogue. In past years, the Great South Bay Music Festival has featured performances by a mix of national and local acts. Expect more of the same from this slate of performers that includes Dave Mason, Black 47, Red Horse (Eliza Gilkyson, John Gorka, Lucy Kaplansky), Kerry Kearney (featuring Jack Lieitra), moe., Tea Leaf Green, Martin Sexton, James Maddock, Nancy Atlas, Ollabelle, Garland Jeffreys, NGHBRS, Miles to Dayton and more. Through 7.15.
- LI International Film Expo @ Bellmore Movies, Through 7.19.
- Zac Brown Band @ Rockefeller Plaza, Manhattan.
- 13th Infantry Division Band @ Eisenhower Park
- Louie Anderson @ Governor’s, Levittown. Also 7.14.
- Lonestar @ NYCB Theatre @ Westbury
- Jimmy Shubert @ McGuire’s, Bohemia.
- Morris Day & The Time @ B.B. King Blues Club, Manhattan.
- Good Old War @ Revolution, Amityville. With the inclusion of classic folk and bluegrass elements, Good Old War offers up their modern take on a now classic genre. Supporting the trio will be local artists NGHBRS and This Good Robot.
- Def Leppard/Poison/Lita Ford @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theater
- Mick Thomas & Chris Roach @ Governor’s, Levittown.
You might also dig
For the past decade we have strived to keep you informed about the most important issues and happenings affecting the nearly 3 million of us who call this Island home. For the past decade we’ve kept you entertained, with comprehensive arts and [...]
Because 2013 is just around the corner...
By Timothy Bolger and Jaclyn Gallucci When Superstorm Sandy washed out a five-mile stretch of Ocean Parkway in October, questions arose whether more human remains were unearthed to add to the 11 found in the brush near the Long Island Serial Killer’s [...]