YouTube junkies, meet Sweet Brown. She is an energetic Oklahoma City resident and when she woke up to get herself a “cold pop” she thought she smelt a barbeque. Soon after, she realized that her building was on fire. So she made a beeline outside to get some fresh air, and didn’t even have anytime to get shoes. She explains the story to reporters in one of the funniest ways possible, “The smoke got me. I got bronchitis. Ain’t nobody got time for that!” she said. Her attitude is quite hilarious and the person who uploaded the video commented, “I love this lady.” Another person said, “Brace for remixes.” We wouldn’t be surprised and would definitely look forward to a remix.
Sweet Brown explains in the video what happened, “Well, I woke up to get me a cold pop and then I thought somebody was barbecuing. I said, ‘Oh Lord Jesus, it’s a fire.’ Then I ran out, I didn’t grab no shoes or nothing, Jesus. I ran for my life and then the smoke got me, I got bronchitis! Ain’t nobody got time for that.”
The fire set ablaze in the Chateau Deville Apartments in Oklahoma City, as reported by KFOR.
According to the apartment manager, the fire that eventually damaged five apartment units, started in a woman’s home who is confined to a wheelchair.
The woman in the wheelchair was taken to a local hospital where she was treated for smoke inhalation.
Although everyone was unscathed by the fire, the entire complex went without electricity or some time.
For those who were displaced by the fire, The American Red Cross is helping those families find homes.
What do you think of Sweet Brown’s version of the story?