A teenager has admitted to plotting to detonate a bomb and shoot up Connetquot High School in Bohemia last year—the second time he faced such allegations.
Christopher Franko pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree conspiracy at Suffolk County court.
Judge Stephen Braslow sentenced the 18-year-old man to 3 to 9 years in prison.
Prosecutors said Franko had attempted to buy a shotgun, enlisted the help of others to buy firearms and made a diagram of the high school. He also performed Internet searches on where to purchase gunpowder and how to make a pipe and chlorine bomb.
He was seeking revenge for comments falsely made in his name on a Facebook memorial page in memory of two students who died in a car crash, police had said at the time of his arrest last May.
Franko was also arrested in 2007 when he was 15 years old for plotting to attack the same high school. He was deemed a youthful offender in that case, which had been sealed in Family Court.
Dana Saltzman, a 17-year-old friend of Franko’s, is still facing a second-degree conspiracy charge for her involvement in the plot.