1. “Keep your government hands off my Medicare,” said a speaker at a health care reform town hall meeting in South Carolina commenting on the government-created Medicare program on July 28.
2. “We’re going to be in the Hudson.” Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, responding to air traffic controllers asking on which runway he preferred to land US Airways Flight 1549 on Jan. 15 before he landed in the Hudson River.
3. “There’s an app for that.” Apple’s advertising slogan for the iPhone.
4. “You lie!” Rep. Joe Wilson’s shouted retort to Obama’s address before a joint session of Congress in September.
5. “The Cambridge police acted stupidly.” President Obama, commenting on a white police officer’s arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Massachusetts in July.
6. “I’m going to let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!” Kanye West, interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards on in September.
7. “Um, you guys said that we, um, did this for the show.” Falcon Heene, the now famous “Balloon Boy,” during an interview on CNN about his parents’ balloon hoax in October.
8. “The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel.’” Sarah Palin posted on her Facebook page in August.
9. “The governor is hiking the Appalachian Trail.” Spokesman for South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford regarding Sanford’s disappearance on June 22.
10. “You give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I’ll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders.” Jesse Ventura, during a CNN interview in May.