Add Comment

Woman Rescued From Roosevelt House Fire

For one Roosevelt woman, things almost went up in smoke.

Firefighters and Nassau police responded to a fire at her home 3:25 p.m. on Saturday an upon arrival, they discovered smoke pouring out of it. After a neighbor told the officers a resident was inside, they broke into the house through the front door into the thick, heavy black smoke. Lying on the kitchen floor was an unconscious 64-year-old woman.

The officers removed her from the house, gave her oxygen and had her taken to Nassau University Medical Center where she was admitted in stable condition.


The Roosevelt Fire Department extinguished the fire. The inferno has been deemed accidental, and none of the rescue workers were harmed during the rescue.

More articles filed under Long Island News,News

Tags: ,

Leave a Comment

Please use the comment box below for general comments, but if you feel we have made a mistake, typo, or egregious error, let us know about it. Click here to "call us out." We're happy to listen to your concerns.